Rest api results for SharePoint lists can be seen in Google Chrome in xml format.
What if you don’t have Chrome and still interested in viewing results ?
To view results in IE:
- Open IE and type the Rest api url, say https://sharepoint.com/sites/Demo/_api/web/lists/getByTitle(‘EMPINFO’)/items
- It will show you the feed page as shown below
- Go to Settings and click on Internet Options
- Click on Settings under Feeds and Web Slices in Content tab and uncheck the turn on feed reading view box.
- You will see the results in Xml format as shown below:
To view results in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Firefox and type the rest url. You will see the same feeds page as IE
- To view the results in xml format, prepend the rest url with ” view-source” as
Advantages of viewing results in browsers:
- You can immediately verify the rest operation results
- You can find the column name to use it in rest operation