Hi Friends – This article is yet another issue that we faced in Workflow
Recently, we created SharePoint Designer 2007 workflow to send email to the requester and SharePoint group, “Admin”. When the requester created an item, the mail did not trigger and the workflow status was “Stopped”. When one of the person from “Admin” group navigated to the list and approved it, mail was triggered. We were breaking our heads for an hour by rolling back the changes as it was working initially. Finally we came to know that “Admin” group in email was the Problematic one.
When we create workflow to send email with SharePoint group as mail recipient, the workflow stops running.
- Go to Site Actions->Site Settings->People and groups under Users and Permissions
- Click on the SharePoint group(in our case, Admin) and go to Settings->Group Settings
- Allow everyone to see the membership of the group by changing the group settings as shown below:
Hi Friends…This time I would like to share one of the reason that workflow gets cancelled. Are you using SharePoint Designer for Workflows? Is the workflow Cancelled? No worries…Follow this article..
Scenario: Email triggered with information about Multiple choice field
To have better understanding, let’s assume we have SharePoint list with below fields:
Name(Title)-Single line of Text
Address- Multiple lines of text
Now let’s create a workflow in SharePoint Designer to trigger email to the admin. In the workflow, insert “Send Email” Action with below message:
An Item has been created by [%Current Item:Created By%] with below details:
Name: [%Current Item:Name%]
Hobbies: [%Current Item:Hobbies%]
Save it and publish the workflow with required workflow settings(say, start workflow automatically when an item is created)
Now when the user opens the form to fill only Name and Address and leave the Hobbies without any selection, the workflow fails.
So, Always note that when a multi-select checkbox is used in the Email, follow any one of the below rules:
- Make the multiple choice field as mandatory in InfoPath form
- Remove Multiple Choice Field from Email Action in Workflow and publish it
- Create a default choice for multiple choice field(here, hobbies) as “NONE” or “OTHER” as per your wish