There is a InfoPath form library with unique permission set for each item(form) using “Replace permission” action in SharePoint Designer Workflow. When an item is created, an email is sent to the Approver with Contribute permission set by the workflow. If approver opens it, it shows access denied message.
Check if InfoPath form library has the below library configurations in Versioning Settings:
- Require content approval for submitted items – Yes
- Who should see draft items in this document library – Only users who can approve items (and the author of the item)
Here are the possible solutions you can implement based on your scenario.
- If Content approval is not required, change it to “No” to avoid the above scenario
- If content approval is required, then approver can approve bulk items to allow others to see and edit the item
- If you do not wish to make any change in content approval, then you can change the Draft item Security(Who can see Draft Items) to Only users who can edit items
- If you do not wish to change the Content approval as well as Draft Item security, then you must change the permission assigned by the workflow to provide Approve access. This will work only for the items that will be created thereafter but for existing items, permission should be granted manually or using script